Sunday 17 October 2010

the swinging sixties comeback.




Sixties fashion is breath- taking. 


MINISKIRT.
HOTPANTS.
SECOND SKINS.
STREET STYLE.
SPACE AGE.
OP ART CLOTHING.
ACID COLOURS.
PVC.
BEEHIVES.
POP ART FASHION.
RADICAL CHIC.
THE FASHION MODELS.

They had it all. Not that I'm ungrateful for the age I live in now- most of these fashions have come back into trend- but I still can't help being jealous of my Nan.

Twiggy is by far my favourite model from the sixties and even now I still love her look.




"Confusion is the best form of communication. It's left to be unexplained."



She was a fresh take on fashion with her skinny body and her big eyes and distinguished hair cut. She kick started everything swinging about the sixties. 

C'mon how many of the listed styles from the sixties, above, have you seen recently? Leotards, hotpants, mini skirts, pencil skirts, back- combed beehives, animal prints, dusty colours, military style and pop arts. Even though I didn't get to live in the sixties- we're living most of the fashions again right now.

Especially in photography over the last few months it has been shown in such a dusty, blurred view which looks ever so cool.




The second image is pretty immense, n'est- il pas?

Then there's the miniskirt. Sigh. Thank the lord for this fashion. It would be hell if everyone had to walk about with skirts such as my school skirt... Don't get me wrong, I love long dresses and skirts, as long as they're gorgeous, but I couldn't live with covering myself up religiously everyday. There's nothing wrong with showing a little flesh. The mini skirt practically defines the sixties...




"IF EVERYBODY'S NOT A BEAUTY, THEN NOBODY IS."
- Andy Warhol.



The sixties is definitely a fashion turn around and if it hadn't happened when it did, it would have happened soon enough after...
It's an explosive era which cannot be kept strapped down, even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment