Thursday 30 September 2010

Mario Testino.

I love testino's work with a passion. whenever I read the name of the photographer for the months VOGUE I have a secret hope that it will be him. I think that the last time he did the inside photo shoot for British VOGUE was in March earlier this year where he did the "Girls allowed" shoot, starring Patricia Van De Vliet!





She's gorgeous. I love her in these photos, but also you might have seen her in the recent Prada shoots (the bright lipstick, back- combed low bunches look):


Then also in Louis Vuitton S/S 2010...


BUT ANYWAY. I'm straying from the point.
Mario Testino is famous for his distinctive way of making the models in his photos look innocently bad < yes that's a oxymoron, clever no? He has done many shoots as I said earlier and even had the privilege to perform the shoot of Burberry S/S 2010... With Emma Watson and George Craig... I'm so utterly jealous.


oh my god. it kills me to even look at his beautiful face.
especially now he's broken up with Emma Watson! 
and whilst we're on this subject- I so met someone called Emma Watson the other day!
woo...

Back to Mario.

He's recently published his 10th book: Kate Moss By Mario Testino.
Which I haven't read or even bought. I'm pants at reading books, but I promise if I had this one I would read it. Just need to find where to buy it from, that isn't a german online site...

My lovely friend actually bought me a book called VOGUE fashion recently, which I WILL read! It's just books like Pride and Prejudice I can't get my head round. The storyline is amazing, but I must say the film is so much easier...

So this book Kate Moss is about, er, Kate Moss? 


Here's a glimse of some photos from inside...









She has everything I would love. A career in fashion, her own label, working alongside Mario Testino, she's stunning and she can pull anything off. Minus the drug stuff.

Overall he's done work for American Vogue, Allure, British Vogue, French Vogue, German Vogue, GQ Magazing, Russian Vogue, Stern, V Magazine, V man, Vanity Fair, Burberry, Vogue Hommes, Calvin Klein, D&G  Gucci, Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, Salvatore Ferragamo, Stefanel, Valentino and Versace!

eeek. I would love to meet this amazing man one day...

"I usually try to make my images look like they just exist, like no effort was put into it."
- Mario Testino

No comments:

Post a Comment