Saturday 1 January 2011

Fresh starts!

It may sound a tad cheesy, going on about the whole "It's a new year, I'm going to change myself for the better" thing when, truth be told, it is just the next day in your life with a special name "New Year's Day". However, I am not a someone who likes to miss a chance to start over and a date which reads 1.1.11 has got to be given some credit for being a great date to change your life.
There isn't anything major that springs to mind when I think of changing my life, apart from those small things like going to the gym more often and trying harder to balance social life with school work as to not get to bloody far behind in everything because I've become wrapped up in living in my own bubble, which someone recently told me I do... Living in a bubble... Bad or good? I mean, it gives me my opinions and an understanding of what I want in life. My bubble is me completely, but in life you cannot be just YOU by YOURSELF. Life is about sharing it with others and fulfilment. 
Right now you may be thinking "What the hell is she rambling on about? I thought she was meant to be writing a fashion blog?" And the answer to that my dear reader, is that EVERYTHING is to do with fashion. Absolutely everything. When you start a new year, a new year begins in fashion also- despite the fact most fashion employees like to see September as the start to the fashion year for obvious fashion week reasons- and when you're creating your new year resolutions fashion always pops to mind. "I want to really make a statement this year!" or "I'm going to try to save up for good quality pieces which aren't just any old bargain found on the floor of a River Island sale." or "I will try not to be such a sheep to the fashion industry and thrive in my own style..." etc. etc...
This year fashion will change immensely, just as it does every year. I mean, I was watching, in the very early hours of this morning, the performances from bands and solo artists from the early eighties and I'm proud to say that I el- oh- ve- ee eighties fashion so very much. The flares and the high waisted skirts and above all the BRIGHTNESS! My parents were cringing at the clothes as memories must have been flashing, but for someone who hasn't been alive through the eighties I love it! It's absolutely gorgeous and I don't understand why nothing like that is coming back into fashion, we're stuck with 2010 summer's nudes and pale floral patters and when you compare them to the eighties- hey! they're booooooring! I have loved the military styles throughout this year and have collected garments which are beautiful, but can we peeerrleeease just get over it? I want to see bright colours and patterns and something NEW! With my fingers crossed and a quick glance through January Vogue, Elle and Glamour I think that my wish might just come true in time for Summer!
So this ends my ramble about, well I'm not quite sure what it's been about, but have a lovely 2011 and try to keep to your resolutions! Personally, I've already broken three... 

No comments:

Post a Comment